The University of Washington Multiple Sclerosis Rehabilitation & Wellness Research Center (UW MSRehabWell) is forming a group of engaged stakeholders to guide our research program and provide advice regarding research activities based on the diverse experiences and perspectives of those living with multiple sclerosis (MS).
We are looking for…individuals who have been diagnosed with MS or live with someone who has been diagnosed with MS and are at least 18 years of age. Individuals who identify as people of color, LGBTQ+, noncitizens, or have primary or secondary progressive MS are highly encouraged to respond to this call. Interested stakeholders from across the United States are invited to join; there is no requirement to travel.
Involvement can be flexible. Individuals will need to be able to attend a virtual meeting (using a digital device or phone) once per month. The group will conduct ongoing, periodic check-ins regarding what aspects you want to be involved in and the best ways for you to participate.
Potential activities through stakeholder participation include:
- Draw upon your experiences and perspectives living with MS to provide input on a range of research activities targeting wellness, rehabilitation, symptom management, emotional health, and more (see our website for more details)
- Engage in co-learning and co-education with a team of researchers, health providers, and others living with MS
- Guide issues or raise concerns addressed in MS research
- Learn about the research process
- Learn about how the latest medical information is disseminated to health care providers
- Help share research with the MS community
- Partner with us to share our research findings with the MS community
Participation in stakeholder activities is flexible and may vary based on individual interests and availability. If you are interested in participating but have questions or concerns about your capacity to do so, or have other questions about stakeholder participation, please reach out.
If you are interested in learning more about stakeholder participation or would like to participate as a stakeholder, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.